About Me

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ciao from the Terrace

        I am currently sitting on the terrace with Rachel, gazing out over the rooftops. I can see the Duomo on one side and Piazzele Michelangelo on the other. There is a slight breeze and the sun peaks through the clouds every so often. It’s about 58 degrees here, so a light sweater is all I need to be in heaven. The birds are chirping an Italian song, and the clothes are hanging out from the windows to dry. My croissant with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella is giving my fingers a shine from the butter and a satisfaction in my stomach. I brush the crumbs from my lap cause the croissant is so flakey and light. It’s times like these I lock into my memory for years to come when I remember the semester I was in Florence.




No comments:

Post a Comment