About Me

Monday, July 25, 2011

Rainy Day: English Tea and Amos Lee



I glanced out my window this morning to see an overcast sky and the ever-present possibility that there would be rain at CAMP-of-the-WOODS today. Much to everyone else’s doubt, I absolutely love rainy weather. Because I don’t have to work until 5:45, I have the whole afternoon to be nothing but lazy. Rainy days give me a reason to put on an over-sized shirt and sweats, heat up a lovely cup of tea, and listen to some of the most perfect mellow music.

I’m sitting in the lobby of Zeitfuss with a delicious cup of tea in the mug I painted in the Arts & Crafts Store at camp. The rain is falling outside the open window, making trickling pitter pats on the ground. There is a pleasant cool breeze coming through the window and Amos Lee is playing through my headphones. I LOVE RAINY DAYS.
Because Rainy Days invoke a desire to write or explore the Internet, I thought I might share my Rainy Day pleasures with you readers. These are things I crave when I hear the sound of rain and smell the precipitation coming:

o Stumble Upon. If you haven’t stumbled upon Stumble Upon yet, you are no college friend of mine.
o Amos Lee. or Avett Brothers. or Civil Wars. or Nickel Creek. Need I go on?
o Cups of Tea. Add cream and sugar, and it’s a match made in heaven.
o Psalms. I absolutely love reading scripture, especially Psalms on a rainy day. It puts me in the best moods. Who would’ve thought rainy days would lift my spirits?!
o Information Books on Ireland. My weakness. Especially if there are pictures.
o Chocolate and Cinnamon. Come on, now.
o Pride and Prejudice.
o Sweatshirt Blankets
o Mr. Darcy
o Fireplaces
o Wedding Pictures.
Don’t ask why. It’s just a girl thing.
o Art Projects. Generally card making is my project of choice on days like these.

“You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance.” [Psalm 68:9]

Happy Rainy Day Monday!

Pop quiz: How many times did I use the words, “Rainy Day?”

3 comments:

  1. Wish it was rainy here...it is not it is hot.... :) When you come for retirment you will meet my present to me...Rachel is coming with me 13 Aug to pick up....:) babies....2 puggies 1 black 1 tan....boys.... :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate did you get my links to Dan David...I would love you to meet Dan and Melissa David...they have a great ministry...perhaps you could do some of their art :) If you find them on my friend list friend them also look for a link to DanDavidMusic...they debuted a new single from their new cd pretty good......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note: The first picture was found at http://www.digital-photography-school.com/13-fabulous-photos-of-a-rainy-day.

    ReplyDelete