About Me

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blog Numero Uno

Alright, so I had created this blog at the beginning of my second semester at school in the hopes of becoming an avid blogger. Like many of my ideas, I get super hyped about it, create maybe three posts if I'm lucky, and then loosing it in the cyber world after a week or so to be forgotten forever. I found myself doing this act numerous times, first creating a myspace account in high school and never even entering the site a second time, and then getting stoked about tumblr and never keeping up with it. This not-keeping-up-with-things happens copious amounts of time to me. But not this time. I fully intend to update this blog regularly if it's the last darn thing I do. The main reason I am this determined is because I need to keep people updated.
Not gonna lie, one of my favorite things to do on the internet is read my friends' blogs. I love hearing about the awesome and exciting things happening in people's lives. Every blogger has a unique way of illustrating their personalities through their blogs. It opens the reader to a better understanding of the person and hearing about what's going on in their lives. That being said, if I delight in reading others' blogs, why not give you the chance to tap into my life's happenings?!

One of the main reasons I'm starting up this bloggeroo is to keep friends and family updated on my summer adventures. I will be in Speculator, New York (in the Adirondack Mountains) this summer. I have been SO excited to start this job and I'm busting at the seams to get up there. Stoked is probably an understatement in this moment. My sister Becky worked there last summer and has done nothing but praise her experience at Camp-of-the-Woods. She does a stellar job at getting me stoked and consoling me when I freak myself out about actually having a new, real job (not like working for my dad isn't a real job, it just doesn't feel as legit as wearing a camp shirt). I'll be a teacher at camp, working with the chillins. I'll fill y'all in a little more about the camp lowdown in my next post. I get sad sometimes when I think about leaving the things I just started here this summer and the friends that I'm leaving home, but I know that as soon as I get to camp, the good times will just keep on rolling. And I hope this blog will also keep me connected to my friends, no matter where I am!

This first blog is just the first little step into the cyber world, and I'm banking on this blog to stay, unlike my many other attempts at blogging. People, do not doubt my ability to blog. Have faith! I hope to keep you readers in step with my life, my mistakes, my "winnings," my dreams. I'm so excited to begin this summer and begin this blog. I rejoice in the fact that the Lord is with me every step of the way, not just this summer but all through the days of my life. huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. You will be so great as a teacher at camp. Can't wait to read your blog and keep up. Maybe like Beckers you can get a weekend with your Uncle and Cousins too. :) Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stoked that you are stoked! teehee

    ReplyDelete